Saturday, September 09, 2006

Settling In

I've been back for almost a week. It's great to be home, but I miss Australia a little bit. I still have a list of things to do when I go back:

  • snorkel the Great Barrier Reef (sharks and stingrays be damned) - will take my brother and cousin on this excursion
  • go to some of the other beaches in bathing-suit weather, like Manly and Coogee
  • party in "the Cross"
  • visit Melbourne, and maybe Brisbane
  • trek through the Outback
  • pat koalas, kangaroos, wombats, and any other pat-able Aussie critters at the Featherdale Animal park
  • see New Zealand, Bali and Fiji since I'll be a stone's throw away, relatively speaking

Visited J's folks today. My mom's recipe corn salad went over pretty well, but the McWilliams dessert wine was a huge hit. The 375ml bottle was empty within 10 minutes. Guess I know what to bring next time.

0 comments: