For me, I've always been a goal-setter. Even if I feel a bit short of an ambitious high bar, the results were generally admirable. Often I find myself slacking or erring on the side of laziness when I should be stepping up my game and going all-out hardcore. This year, I feel no different. In fact, I want to set the bar really high to keep me focused and working hard. My childhood love of Zelda and Might and Magic see these more as quests. And they say that make a very public statement about your goals helps keep you accountable. So here goes:
- Finish small projects in my apartment, like the living room light fixture and the towel warmer
- Save more money than last year
- Read 35 books
- Do some form of exercise every day
- Unassisted pullups
- Sub-2 half marathon
- Face my fears and get my bike mojo back
- Lose 10 pounds, some of which has creeped on with my new job (talk about cliche)
- Complete Toughman
- Visit Portland, Colombia, Cuba, Denmark, and Sweden
- Get more serious about writing. A family friend said to me on the phone, "you do so many interesting things. Have you ever though about writing it all down?" Hey, why not?
- Remember to take care of myself
May 2016 bring the realization of many of your own dreams. At the very least, with the US presidential election, it's going to be one hell of a ride. Please keep your hands and arms inside at all times and secure hats, glasses, and bags.