Sunday, September 17, 2006

Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Today we embark on a week-long cruise to Alaska for my parents' 35th wedding anniversary. My mom fell down the stairs and broke a rib last week, and is currently taking "happy pills" (Vicodin) just to get through the day and then sleep. Of course we didn't have travel insurance (not that it would have made a difference - my friend's honeymoon to France last November was not refunded even though train stations were being firebombed and thousands of cars were torched every week).

The flight over was interesting. There was a gaggle of German uber-butch lesbians - cropped hair, unshaven armpits, facial hair, the works - as well as a bunch of Ukrainians who apparently have never seen a stick of deodorant. Friggin Delta would not upgrade us all on miles - I swear to God, why do I bother maintaining silver status if I can never get any benefits out of it?!?!? Will try to take care of upgrades at check-in on the way home.

For reasons I don't really want to go into (besides mom's broken rib), I have come to the realization that I really don't want to be here. Hope the week goes OK.

0 comments: