Monday, January 15, 2007

A Brief Reprieve from Winter

For the first time since high school, I have Martin Luther King, Jr. Day off. My aunt has been harassing me to come visit her and my uncle at their newly-renovated condo in Palm Beach (as if she needed to twist my arm), so I did. The weather was absolutely perfect - not overly sunny, breezy, 70's. I broke my Phase 1 induction by drinking some wine and having the combo platter at John G's in Lake Worth, but it was totally worth it. The pool was a bit breezy for reading my back issues of the NYT, and there were dead Portguese man-o-war all over the beach, but otherwise, it was a nice recharge.

I wish I could retire right now, preferably somewhere that has an average yearly temperature of 60-70 degrees Fahrenheit. But then I might get bored. Maybe I will shoot for retirement at 45...

0 comments: