Sunday, July 30, 2006

Another Shrimp on the Barbie

My friend J arrived Friday night. Yesterday was his birthday. To celebrate, I got him tickets to Colour of Panic at the Studio in the Sydney Opera House. Scored front-row seats! Unfortunately, the two glasses of wine had me nodding off in the middle of the one-man show - sorry Nicholas Hope! It really wasn't that bad! J classified it more as performance art rather than a play; it was ... interesting.

Before that we had lunch and a drink on Oxford Street, just so J could say he went to a gay bar in Sydney. We went to the most unlikely gay bar - our bartender at the Oxford Hotel did not know how to make a vodka martini, and he thought a cosmo was mixed with gin. Plus, the music ranged from Eighties dance/new wave to Metallica, tres bizarre. Since we tipped well, the guy behind the bar did give me a free pass to their Graveyard Shift. Woo woo, me with a bunch of leather boys after 2am.

After dinner at Doyle's, I suggested a disco nap so that we would be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for some fun back on Oxford Street. J definitely concurred; the time change caught up with him. I ended up completely crashing and burning and waking up at 3am, contacts still in, clothes still on, and teeth unbrushed. Yeech. But at least I was all set to pick up my boyfriend at the airport nice and early. Yeay!

0 comments: