Monday, January 20, 2014

Closing Time

After much drama, I am now the proud owner of a two-bedroom, two-bathroom pre-war apartment in Queens.  This was my second go-around in the real estate market and was markedly much more stressful than buying my studio.  Part of it could probably be attributed to the stricter rules on financing coupled with cooperative quirkiness, and some of it had to do with the incompetence and ridiculousness of some of the players involved.  Since I don't have anything nice to say about many of those involved, I will give a shout-out to my phenomenal real estate agent Zhanna.  She goes above and beyond the call of duty for her clients and has talked me off the ledge a couple of times with this transaction.  She's rented out my first apartment and is also my accountant.  I don't think I would have gotten through this without her.

Over the past weekend TT and I started renovations.  It feels very overwhelming at first, but we are doing it bit by bit.  We have been getting along really well too, so that is making the process less traumatic for me.  Definitely better than when he's tried to help me clean my room.

More details and pictures soon, I need to decompress a bit from the experience.  Email me for the new mailing address!!

This video brings back memories of last call out at the bars while at college.  Sigh, simpler times....

0 comments: