Sunday, December 17, 2006

Bah humbug

For some reason, I am just not in the holiday spirit this year. Walking around midtown, especially near Rockefeller Center and Times Square, induces homicidal tendencies. All the stores are really crowded. Luckily, I did most of my holiday shopping online or just gift certificates.

The most Christmas-y thing I have done so far is buy an ice cream maker for my company's toy drive. Kids are really sophisticated these days. Instead of asking Santa for Barbies or Matchbox cars, they requested picnic tables, XBOX 360's (way over the price limit), and kitchen appliances. I left her a note that said that the elves made an arrangement so that she could exchange it at Bed Bath and Beyond if it didn't work.

It doesn't help that I have a raging cold that felt like the flu yesterday. Thank God for Nyquil and Dayquil.

0 comments: