Sunday, December 28, 2003

Ahlan!

Today I am in Muscat, Oman




This is one of the coolest places I've ever been. It's great that there are still not too many tourists here, although I am hearing German, Russian, English and Italian around the pool. It is a great mix of cordial hospitality to foreigners and preservation of centuries-old culture and tradition. It also is not completely developed, so there is some great unspoiled natural beauty. However, this is changing quite quickly. The weather beats the hell out of New York at this time of year, although the heat is completely unbearable in the summer, so I'm told. If you need a vacation, come here NOW. The wedding festivities start on Monday, but unfortunately I can't post any pictures here because it is considered indecent for women to be photographed "immodestly" (i.e., without hijab and abbaya).

1 comments:

Arabesque said...

Hey - Im glad you liked Oman - read more http://blog.omanholiday.co.uk